The Office of Health Professions Advising offers a centralized processing service to assist students who are applying to dental school. These services include the following: the distribution of application support materials, compilation of faculty evaluations and other pertinent information on each student, and forwarding of these materials to the centralized application services (ADEA AADSAS, TMDSAS, etc.). We offer this service because most professional schools prefer a centralized system of gathering application support materials.
IMPORTANT: If you are applying to dental school this summer (2019) and are on this page seeking information on how to obtain a committee composite letter from the University of Alabama Office of Health Professions Advising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Application Services and Exam Registration
- ADEA AADSAS Application
- Texas Medical and Dental Application Service
- Apply for a DENTPIN
- Dental Admissions Test
UA Application Materials
- Information about the Committee Interview and Composite Letter Process for Applicants (PLEASE READ)
- Cycle 2020 Pre-Dental Checklist & Timeline
- Instructions for Saving Information on the UA Pre-Application
- Cycle 2020 Request for a Letter of Recommendation
If you have completed your part of the AADSAS application (personal statement, transcripts, etc.), you should NOT wait until your letter has been received. Submit your AADSAS as soon as you have completed it and proofread it thoroughly. If you are applying to any non-AADSAS schools, please list those on your UA pre-application along with any institution-specific instructions for submitting letters to those schools.
Applicants may submit a maximum of five letters. Typically, we recommend three (3) letters from faculty recommenders and two (2) letters from personal recommenders. Two letters from science faculty are strongly encouraged. Some programs require a letter from a dentist. After we have received all of your letters of recommendation, your UA pre-application, picture, and personal statement rough draft, we will contact YOU to schedule your committee interview, which will be used to generate your composite letter of evaluation.
- Requesting Transcripts from The University of Alabama to be sent to ADEA AADSAS
- How to complete the ‘EVALUATORS’ section of the ADEA AADSAS application (Printer Friendly Version)