The Office of Health Professions Advising (OHPA) offers a centralized processing service to assist students who are applying to medical, school. These services include the following: the distribution of application support materials, compilation of faculty evaluations and other pertinent information on each student, and forwarding of these materials to the centralized application services (AMCAS, TMDSAS, AACOMAS, etc.). We offer this service because most professional schools prefer a centralized system of gathering application support materials.
IMPORTANT: If you are applying to medical school this summer (2019) and are on this page seeking information on how to obtain a committee composite letter from the University of Alabama Office of Health Professions Advising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Application Services and Exam Registration
- Association of American Medical Colleges Application Service (MD programs)
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (DO programs)
- Texas Medical and Dental Application Service (Texas schools only–NOT in AMCAS)
- Register for the MCAT
UA Application Materials
- Information about the Committee Interview and Composite Letter Process for Applicants (PLEASE READ)
- Cycle 2020 Pre-Med Checklist & Timeline
- Request for a Letter of Recommendation Cycle 2020
- Instructions for Saving Information on the UA Pre-Application
- How to Send Your Transcripts From UA to AMCAS
- How to Fill Out the AACOMAS Evaluator Section
- How to Generate your AAMC Letter Request Form for OHPA
Applicants may submit a maximum of five letters. Typically, we recommend three (3) letters from faculty recommenders and two (2) letters from personal recommenders. Two letters from science faculty are strongly encouraged.
After we have received all of your letters of recommendation, your UA pre-application, picture, and personal statement rough draft, we will contact YOU to schedule your committee interview, which will be used to generate your composite letter of evaluation.