Graduates and alumni from The University of Alabama who are seeking to reapply to professional school through our Office of Health Professions Advising should do the following:
- Contact the advisor who sat in on your committee interview and copy the firstname.lastname@example.org email account to notify us of your intent to reapply. We will review any previous application information that we have collected for you for other application cycles and assist you with a plan for the new application cycle.
- Seek feedback from the professional programs to which you applied. Consider the recommendations they make when making your Gap Year plans.
- Send us the appropriate information to submit your letter packets:
- Medical School Applicants: Send us Your AMCAS Letter Request form to email@example.com.
- Dental School Applicants: Follow our AADSAS letter request instructions to have AADSAS send us a link to upload your letter packet.
- Optometry School Applicants: Follow the OPTOMCAS letter request instructions to have OPTOMCAS send us a link to upload your letter packet.
- When filling out your CAS (Central Application Service) application, take your time! Consider updating your personal statement or obtaining 1-2 new letters of recommendation. You are a different person than you were the last time that you applied, so let your application reflect that.
- Letter packets from OHPA are submitted UNCHANGED to the application service. Any new letters of recommendation have to be submitted independently of the Office of Health Professions Advising.
Reapplicants will then be added to the current cohort of applicants, with the submission deadline of August 1st (or the first business day after that if it falls on a weekend) to the CAS systems. Please make sure that we have all that we need to submit your packet for the new application and exercise patience as we process all of our applicants in a timely manner.
It is important that you use your Gap Year(s) to do something meaningful. Whether it is working in healthcare, participating in service organizations (Teach for America, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, etc.), or participating in additional academic activities, find something you will enjoy and that will deepen your commitment and your passion to serve others.
Please note: Your committee packet is for use in your application to health professional school(s) only. The letters in your committee packet speak specifically to your abilities to handle the rigor of a health professional graduate program. We will not submit your committee packet for a scholarship, internship, or any other general application.
We are excited to work with each of you! If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers to a successful application season!
Office of Health Professions Advising