The Office of Health Professions Advising offers a centralized processing service to assist students who are applying to optometry school. These services include the following: the distribution of application support materials, compilation of faculty evaluations and other pertinent information on each student, and forwarding of these materials to the centralized application services (OPTOMCAS). We offer this service because most professional schools prefer a centralized system of gathering application support materials.
IMPORTANT: If you are applying to optometry school this summer (2019) and are on this page seeking information on how to obtain a committee composite letter from the University of Alabama Office of Health Professions Advising, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Application Services and Exam Registration
- Information about the OAT and how to REGISTER
- OAT Frequently Asked Questions
- OptomCAS Centralized Application for Optometry School Applicants
UA Application Materials
- Information about the Committee Interview and Composite Letter Process for Applicants (PLEASE READ)
- 2020 Optometry School Applicant Checklist and Timeline
- Instructions for Saving Information on the UA Pre-Application
- 2020 Request for a Letter of Recommendation
- OPTOMCAS Evaluation Request instructions
Applicants may submit a maximum of five letters. Typically, we recommend three (3) letters from faculty recommenders and two (2) letters from personal recommenders. Two letters from science faculty are strongly encouraged.
After we have received all of your letters of recommendation, your UA pre-application, picture, and personal statement rough draft, we will contact YOU to schedule your committee interview, which will be used to generate your composite letter of evaluation.