The McCollough Medical Scholars Forum, sponsored by UA’s College of Arts and Sciences, was established by Alabama physician Dr. Gaylon McCollough and his wife, Susan, who are both UA alumni.
The Forum’s aim is to emphasize the importance of liberal arts education in the study and practice of medicine. Students have an opportunity to engage in conversation with our guest speakers, invited health care professionals, and faculty members, and other guests of the College, regarding humanistic and social issues in medicine.
Over the years the Forum has established a strong reputation of providing opportunities for connection and conversation between future doctors, current medical students, current practitioners, and the healthcare community.
The 2022 McCollough Medical Scholars Forum will be held Friday, February 11, from 2:30–6:30 p.m. in Smith Hall.
See the past lectures below, or check out the full video library on Vimeo.
- 19th Annual McCollough Medical Scholars Forum (2021): Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- Welcome and Dr. Gaylon McCollough (2019)
- Dr. William Tillman and Dr. Gaylon McCollough (2019)
- Dr. Richard Myers and Gaylon and Susan McCollough (2019)
- Welcome and Introductions, John Gavras, Gaylon McCollough (2018)
- John Gavras (2018)
- Hayes Whiteside and Medical Readers Theater (2018)
- Matthew Might and Discussion Panel (2018)
- Welcome and Introductions, Holland Powell, Darrel Weaver (2017)
- Medical Student Panel (2017)
- Gaylon McCollough and Steve Lovelady (2017)
- Andrew Malahowski (2017)
- Larry Wedekind (2016)
- Robert Bentley (2015)